Thursday, June 7, 2007

Oh, To Be Rich!

Breaking news from this morning, Paris Hilton is a free woman.

I'd like to start this post by saying shame on whoever let Paris free on this B.S. excuse of a 'medical condition.' I didn't know crying and pouting were 'medical conditions' that would allow someone to finish a jail sentence at home, wearing an ankle bracelet.

House arrest still is an unfair punishment for Hilton, who probably lives in a multi-million dollar mansion. That doesn't sound like punishment at all. That's like when parents these days 'punish' their kids by sending to their rooms---rooms that they've filled with toys and games that they still allow their children to play with.

Back to the whole 'medical condition' B.S. excuse. Unfortunately, we will never find out what the 'condition' was because of its confidentiality. Also, don't you think that the people at the jail would have already known about the condition and then thought twice about putting her there anyway.

Seriously though, we should have seen this coming. Paris was due to get 45 days in jail, but it was reduced to 23 days because of good behavior. Her good behavior? Showing up to her court hearing. Since when did that become "good behavior?" So now, 23 days was turned into 3.

Also, I don't buy the bullsh*t five days that the people out west are saying because she showed up on Sunday night and was released this morning. She was there Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday. They also didn't give her a cell mate--again--more proof that this "punishment" was a bunch of B.S.

Don't get me wrong, if I was rich and was able to buy my way out of prison I most certainly would. However, buying your way out of jail shouldn't even be an option.

Alas, this just might be the beginning of something bigger. Everyday people seem outraged about the whole deal, and I'm in agreement with them and I'm sure that someone out in Cali will be taking the fall for setting her free. I know that if it was my Puerto Rican ass they would have locked me up, thrown away the key and put me in a cell with Bubba and Tiny.

FINAL THOUGHT (I): This is a shame that this is making major headlines. This should be a blip on the national scene. Instead, someone who is famous for being famous and spreading her legs is a major news story.

Shame on this society for letting it get this far. Hopefully Paris will learn her lesson. Unfortunately, these Hollywood starlets won't learn their lessons until they kill each other off in drunk driving incidents.

FINAL THOUGHT (II): If I was as rich as these rich little bitches out in Hollywood I wouldn't drive anywhere. You're rich, hire a personal driver and let's not put people's lives at risk because of your drinking habits!

FINAL THOUGHT (III): An incident like this just looks bad. It just goes to prove that there are two systems of justice, and that is just not right.

No comments: