Monday, June 4, 2007

A Whole New Blog

This is my fourth blog, hopefully it will be my last blog for a while.

I started blogging my freshman year at SIU after being introduced to Blogger by my English teacher Mr. Weiss. Since then I've been blogging.

My blogs started as somewhere I'd be able to write random stuff like I used to do in high school. However it would later evolve into more. It quickly turned into a place where I could vent about the stresses in my life, write about sports, post poems and much more.

Now I'm less than a month from turning 21 and I'm thinking I need a new blog. Just one blog. A blog where I can post everything I want. Sports, poetry, life....it will all be here on one blog---instead of several different blogs.

Sometimes I'll post a "note" on Facebook, but those are reserved for short blogs that I don't mind everyone reading. Some of my blogs will be posted on MySpace so my friends on MySpace can read it. But all of my blogs will be here.

Things I want from this blog:
  • I want this blog to be more organized.
  • I want the posts to be shorter and more focused. Randomness is nice, in fact it is encouraged, but when it makes no sense then it is worthless.
  • Every little thing doesn't need to be blogged about, so I won't blog about every little thing like I used to.
  • I want to sharpen my "journalistic" writing style because I am a journalism major, so you might see a lot of newspaper article-type postings from me.
  • I'm almost 21, so I'd like for my blog to be a little more mature. A lot has happened in recent years and I haven't been the composed person I know I can be. Maybe a clean slate on a new blog will be able to help.
For the record my original blog will still be up, mostly for referencing purposes. I deleted my Cubs blog because it was too much to handle for someone who can't blog all the time. If it's worth writing about it will be here for you to read it.

That's it. Until later, have a nice day.

No comments: