Monday, February 4, 2008

SIU Bracketbusted, Dumb Reporters & Super Bowl Hangover

Let's start off with something that doesn't involve the biggest upset ever.

SIU is back on BracketBusters
. The Salukis will host the Nevada Wolfpack in this year's BracketBuster match-up. Last year, SIU was the top draw of the made-for-TV match-ups when the Salukis visited the Butler Bulldogs. The Bulldogs are back in the top spot again hosting SIU rival and MVC leader Drake.

The real story of SIU's match-up is the return game to Reno. Personally, I'm going to start saving now and hope the return game takes place during Thanksgiving Break or Winter Break. I wonder how many of my fellow reporters can I keep in my hotel room in the MGM Grand in nearby Las Vegas.

On BracketBuster weekend, SIU will need to find a way to stop two 7-footers, and senior guard Marcelus Kemp. It could be the last hurrah for the Salukis.

Quality Linkage:

This will be a new segment of this blog. I'll provide links of things I find "newsworthy." Sounds simple enough, doesn't it?

No comments: