Monday, December 10, 2007

Assignment #14: Haiku

Falling

The colored leaves fall
to the ground. Just like I do
after a few drinks.


Snow Day

Unwrinkled white sheets
covering all you can see.
Call it a snow day.


Sunshine Will Come

The cold is now gone
eventually snow melts.
Sunshine will come soon.


School's Out!

Put your pencils down
hand in your tests as you leave.
School's out for summer!

SENRYU


I.
Attempting to spread
stupid, unfounded rumors.
Beware of the truth.

II.
Obscene desires.
Excessive love for others.
Jonesing for a kiss.

III.
Loves me, loves me not.
I learn from a children's game
unrequited love.


In today's segment of poetry, enjoy the treat of haiku. And yes, the plural of haiku is indeed haiku. They are fun to write because of what goes into a haiku, such as implementing elements of the natural world.

To appease my professor I wrote four haiku describing each of the four seasons, with a twist.

As an added bonus, I've added four senryu. Senryu are poems that are in the 5-7-5 haiku form, but are about human nature instead of the natural world. And yes, they do not have titles because senryu poems do not have traditional

I hope you enjoy these works.

No comments: